428pm

Thankfully, I have never had to go through anything so awful, but, as I said, it can be seemingly unimportant things that can get to you ~ and comparitively trivial things which can trigger stress. I have suffered with stress and depression and I have spoken to counsellors. I was referred by a doctor to one, who was good. My teacher trainer happened to be a counsellor, as did my reflexologist. One was very helpful; the other made me feel worse.

Both of my sons have been referred to educational psychologists. They were not coping with school for completely different reasons. One was being stressed out by a very unpleasant headmaster; the other suffered post traumatic stress after a road accident.

The first saw a lady who was supportive and helpful. The second saw a man who caused our family many problems. In fact, it was me he insisted on seeing most, and his 'treatment' was terrible. My GP agreed that he was doing more harm than good.

The point is, it depends on the person you see and the person you are. There are good and bad in all professions ~ including counsellors!

As part of my adult education course, I had to study counselling for a while ~ only the basics ~ I found it most enlightening & and helpful.

Don't give up!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.