From Mark [quote] And I'm not trying to win an argument here. But how can you tell someone what an orange tastes like unless they've eaten one themselves? [/quote]OK - you've got me there (after taking 3 minutes for me to figure out what you meant :) ). You're right - I have not felt tested, so I have not been there. My question is, do some men (and women), just let themselves be tested. Not intentionally, but out of carelessness or naiveté (or however you spell that) - do they get themselves in situations that could have been avoided. I imagine the more beautiful you are, the more advances come your way - so with all probability i'll be in the clear in that department, and for that i am thankful. Also from Mark: [quote] Unless you find an exchange on emotional level with someone a betrayal, I don't see anything wrong with connecting with someone on that level. [/quote]Although I am not a fan of slippery slope arguments - this is one time where I am leary of any emotional connection that supercedes that of your chosen life partner. As I stated much earlier - I think platonic relationships with members of the opposite sex are rare. There usually is one or the other or both who have other thoughts. I personally am willing to take a pass on a great platonic friendship, just as a preventive measure to keep my marriage and my own fidelity in tact. but as you said - haven't had to taste that orange... have you?