Victor wrote:

Just curious Mark, when you wrote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think when we're speaking of married folks, we're talking about a different animal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...what did you mean by that? What is the difference? I've been married so long now that I think I fail to see the difference between married and unmarried partners. And if there is a difference - between the "married" and "unmarried" partners - when does "it" change? Certainly not on the wedding day.. or does it?

Well...what I mean by that in the context of my original answer was that the couple PDM was talking about were young (in thier early 20's) and probably together for not really a long time. When you are married for a while (say 10 - 15 years or more, you are more apt to realize that you have changed in many ways since you were first wed, and that may lead to dissatisfaction in your relationship in some ways. Or perhaps a feeling of wanting to experience something new.

It isn't uncommon for people to have needs that a spouce cannot adequately satisfy. And I'm not just talking about sex.

Suppose, for instance, that after 15 years of marriage you are no longer the same person you were intellectually as you were when you got married. And suppose further, that you met someone of the opposite sex who had some of the same passions and intellectual interests as you. There could be a possibility of things developing there, right?

I feel that some of these changes in the individual can take some time to come about. It can happen to any couple living together for a long time, married or not.

Does that make sense?

http://livingstoncooks.blogspot.com/
Perception is reality.