Quote:
Originally posted by victor:
If I were in that boat ...
I could probably forgive, but I would never forget, and most importantly, I would never have the same trust. Thus I don't know that I could actually make it work - forgiving and trusting 2 different things in my book.
Very true, victor. (Good to see you!!) Trust needs to be built back up again. Another lesson I learned was that you can't trust everyone 100%, no matter who they are. This is another problem I see around me. People put too much trust in someone else. Partners are not infallible. I'm one of the lucky ones. Trust was earned back, but I will never trust 100% blindly ever again in anyone, except God of course (but hey, I'll leave that for the RR forum! smile ).

The "forgetting" part is harder, a lot harder. No, you never forget; however, it should become a memory of the past. If it doesn't, then someone is holding onto bitterness & resentment IMO.

I agree w/the poster that said you cannot choose who you "fall in love" with; however, that being said, love itself is a choice. The "feelings" of being in love/out of love come & go, especially in a marriage but loving that person unconditionally is a choice that needs to be made.

MHA bell tolls to end misunderstanding & discrimination & rings for victory over mental illness.