Cheating no matter what age you are is wrong. If you choose to persue a relationship with some-one you do so because you want to be with that person and that person ALONE. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

I understand of course that often our hearts and minds conflict. I know that people who seen secure and happy in relationships find they have feelings for some-one else. It happens, it's human nature. You cannot choose who you fall in or out of love with. But that does not give you cause to persue your desires.

I see no problem however in breaking off a relationship for some-one else if and only if you have worked your hardest to make your present relationship work but you just can't save it. There's no point in being unhappy. Although I would perhaps wait a while before openly persuing a new relationship.

Why is it though that it often seems so much more 'acceptable' for a woman to see another man or leave her marriage for another or to start up a new relationship soon after a split than for a man to do so? If she leaves him its 'well she deserved better' or ' she's better off without him' etc etc. Yet when he leaves its 'how selfish of him?' or ' that poor woman , how could he?' or 'I'll bet he was cheating on her' etc etc. Why? Are men not as entitled to happiness as women?

Relations of mine are in the process of divorcing and he has since met and is now living with a new woman. But he is looked down on for it because he leaves behind a wife and three daughters.Yet the marriage was over long ago and they only remained under the one roof for the sake of the children. They were thoroughly miserable for years.

They split up for a while but tried to make another go of it. However it was a lost cause. So he broke away moved out and began a new life. He moved to a different county, got a new job, met new people. And now he is in a good relationship with a good woman who makes him happy. So why should he not be happy now he has a new life in which his daughters are of course involved?

Princesse Sophie

"Adorned in Masters loving art she lies
She rests at last beneath the starry skies"