He seems to want to have his cake and eat it!

Does he not realise how unfeeling his behaviour must appear?

Obviously he is very attracted to you, but he is still with his girlfriend; he went on a date with her to see you in a show; he has now told you that he wants to be 'friends'.

He went on a date, with her, to see you, in a show!!!

It sounds like he wants the steady relationship with his girlfriend and the electricity of an affair with you. But you are not fitting in with his plans ~ you are 'making it harder'.

Some people can carry on like this ~ but can you, & should she?

Is any of this hurting him?
I don't see why it should be.
What could be hurting him?
He has two girls at his beck and call.
He flaunts one in front of the other.

To take his steady girl to see his mistress, without her knowing!
To flaunt his girlfriend, in front of his mistress, when he knows how upset she is about the situation!

What kind of behaviour is this?
This does not seem like the behaviour of a man who is hurting to me.

If you feel that he is worth fighting for, then you must do what you must do. But who would you be fighting?
He can be all yours whenever he chooses; all he has to do is end the relationship with his girlfriend.

If it's not too difficult for him to parade her in front of you at your play, then it shouldn't be too difficult for him to tell her the truth ~ that he is in love with someone else.

But is it the truth ~ or is he in love with her and in lust with you? Or just in love with both of you?

I don't know the answers ~ and I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but you are in a situation that is upsetting you, and you may have to just face the fact that the other girl is staying in his life ~ even if you stay in it too.

That doesn't sound good for either her or you.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.