Hi Satine ~ welcome smile

Originally Posted By: satine1
This year i met an amazing guy and from the moment we met it was electric between us, instant attraction to each other, the whole shebang!

This sounds as if it could be a good beginning to a relationship, or, alternatively, to have the potential for an exciting 'fling'.
Things were complicated because he had a girlfriend and over the last 6 months we have been together and both have very strong feelings for one another which he has confirmed to me.

You say that you are together ~ but he and his girlfriend are together too.
Are you saying that you are in love with each other and that both of you have expressed those feelings to each other?
Does he tell his girlfriend that he loves her, too?
So what i dont understand is how he can say he cares so much for me and wants to be with me but wont leave her for me. Its been hurting us both and i don't know what to do.

It's hurting you ~ and I'm guessing it would hurt her ~ but is it really hurting him?
This is his choice; his decision.
He is cheating on his girlfriend ~ has been, over a period of 6 months ~ and you are helping him to do so.
You have the electricity, what does she have?
If he is still with her, she must still have a part of him, presumably?
What kind of relationship do they have?
If he were ignoring her completely, then that relationship would have fizzled out, I would have thought, so something is still going on between them that constitutes a relationship.

Are you happy to share him?
Is it right to treat the other girl like this?
Is it right for him to expect you to go along with this?

Its clear he feels the same way but i think he's just scared of hurting her. what do i have to do to make him do the right thing.

It's clear to you that he feels the same way, yet he must still be involved in some romantic aspects of his relationship with his girlfriend ~ otherwise she wouldn't still be his girlfriend.
This man has two girls. Perhaps he likes it that way.

He doesn't want to hurt her?
What you are both doing now is hurting her ~ she just doesn't know it yet.
What about when she finds out?

Do his friends know what is going on?
Could his girlfriend find out? ~ I'm guessing that she could.
Quote:
Our connections is too strong to let it slip away and he knows that but he wont make the choice. please help!!
He has to act.
It is up to him.
I know that people have long-term affairs, but, personally, I feel that he has to choose between you.
Are you going to continue like this?
What are you going to do?
You could give him an ultimatum.
I know that this will be hard for you, in case he chooses to stay with the other girl, but it would be the right thing to do for the other girl's sake ~ and I think that it would be the right thing for you, too ~ but only you can decide that.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.