Originally Posted By: joandboys
Yes, I read your post and we think alike on this as most times we do.

Yes, and I think that a lot of people would agree ~ but there may be other ways of looking at this ~ indeed 'The Looser' seems to do so. ('The Looser' ~ that is such a negative name, I feel uncomfortable using it. :))

I see this as a bit like an open marriage, which is only open on one side.

'The Looser' ~ as the two people who have replied to you think somewhat alike on this, I am wondering if anyone else is advising you in any way. I find it very difficult to empathise because, to me, these are such unusual circumstances.

These are more common scenarios:

Girl finds boy attractive, but doesn't act on the attraction because she has a partner.

Girl finds boy attractive, and does act on the attraction, because she and her partner have an open relationship.

Girl finds boy attractive, and does act on the attraction because she is not in a relationship ~ though she may have an ex-boyfriend.

Girl finds boy attractive, so leaves her partner for him.

Girl finds boy attractive, so has an affair ~ which keeps secret from her boyfriend.

If she leaves her partner, they may stiil get back together.

If she has an affair and the boyfriend finds out, he may yet forgive her and they might stay together.

Your story does not fit into any of these categories.

You don't have an open relationship, because you are not sleeping with other women (are you?)

She hasn't really left you for him, and you are not really an 'ex', because she is keeping tabs on you and says that she is planning to return.

She is not having a secret affair, because she has told you all about it.

You are 'on a break' but haven't completely broken up.

To me, that would be like a husband agreeing to his wife going on holiday with another man and sleeping with him. I can see how, for some couples, this might be beneficial. However, for most, I think that it would not work and would be considered very unusual.

How would you react if one of your friends was in this situation?

You say that you want to go to Japan or the USA?
Where are you at present?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.