Thanks PDM. I was really set one just being a good friend to my ex, but things just got too difficult for me. i've realised that maintaining a friendship after a breakup is harder than i originally thought... much harder. Last night we talked online for a while... and i kept hearing him talk about the other girl. i tried to act calm and relaxed, but there's a limit to everything. after two hrs or so of talking, i finally realised that frienship between us wasn't possible for me. I decided that i'd be happier without the friendship; at least i won't have the constant stimulation of jealousy and sense of loss. Maybe losing touch was the best thing in our situation. after i told him how i felt, it was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. i even added some faults about myself that i've recently discovered... along with some of his.. which made me understand more clearly why our past relationship wasn't working. to my surprise, he refused to have me completely out of his life and told me that he just needed a little bit of time to think. he didn't want to go back to a relationship only to go through the same problems with the same outcomes. he does want to try again though, and i think i'm also willing to us give another chance to make things better, and learn from our past mistakes. What is there to lose afterall?