These are excellent questions, all, and I am so appreciative you took the time to lay things out for me. I have been giving this thread a great deal of thought.

We've had two long periods of separation, Nikki. It didn't really help when we got back together - we pick up right where we left off, even if six months ago. frown

No kids; we don't have any interest in them. The pets are mine.

I have no idea how to find a counselor we could afford. There seem to be some inexpensive online ones, and there is a free telephone Christian one (we are not religious). That's about as far as i have got so far.

The meditating each day for five minutes together seems to be helping. Also relieving my anxiety with atavan is a big help for us - letting me just not care enough about things to get worked up or argue.

I will have to take another look at the mars and venus books. I think i have them in storage in CA (which we will be emptying out this january).

I do want to give this marriage every chance i can, but i also know this is our last effort. Neither of us want to continue this anymore if things don't change for the better.