Hi Homie ~ welcome to the forum. smile

I think that Carl has given good advice.

We have had a number of young men on the forum, lately, who, after dating for some time, have found that their relationships have come to and end, and they just don't know why. And they can't accept it. So they phone and text and write ~ and ask for advice on getting the girl to love them again.

Your post is like the opposite side of the coin. You have been in a relationship for nearly two years, which is quite a long time, and now it feels wrong for you, so you want to end it ~ and have ended it, I assume??.

He may just need closure ~ why it has ended and whether there is any chance of it being revived. If you just gave him some clear but final answers, you may help him to deal with it and the contact might end there. But you will have to do what feels right.

I certainly believe that it is better to be with one's soulmate ~ someone you really love ~ rather than settling for someone who just happens to be there, but yes, some people do settle, because they don't want to be alone.

Perhaps you should build up your self-esteem & confidence and get to know new people. Adult education, or sport, or a writing group, or something like that might help. Be sure to keep safe, though, especially if you are out and about on your own.

Good luck! smile

Last edited by PDM; 10/18/08 02:45 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.