Thanks BLR, yes I have been more focused on his dream than my own... but mine is also in the mix, it just made more sense to pursue his first since I had a good job even though it's not my dream job.

PDM- thanks, yes his child is a huge factor and a huge decision we made together last year for him to be back there with him.

He went back in Nov of 2008, I drove with him on the 6 day road trip and flew back here. Then he came back for 3 weeks in Dec/Jan to help me move out of the house we lived in together and also to spend the holidays. He then came back in April for 4 days, then August for 5 days. I went there in November for 8 days. We talk on the phone every day. Our original plan was to move to the state where his school was in August of this year. That isnt happening now so we had a plan B which was to be together where he is now if school didnt work out yet. In November I went there to check out places to live, etc. It was only 5 days after I came back and started finalizing move plans that he seemed to get cold feet. What's frustrating most to me is that he cant seem to decide. I've told him numerous times that if he feels like it wont work than of course I'm not going to move 3000 miles just to break up. But he doesnt want to break it off and he doesnt want to go forward either... He hates living at his parents and his job is really stressful. He has never been a person to have much stress so I know this is affecting him a lot... but what I dont know is if that is the problem or if the relationship is... I hate to give up on it without knowing. For me I feel like the problem is that we have been apart too long and need to be together to reconnect again. I'm willing to risk going the distance but he isnt. I guess that gives me my answer....