Bigeric, it does indeed sound like you are a decent man and that you had a wonderful relationship with your girlfriend. All too often outside influences creep in to affect what would otherwise be a perfect relationship. It sounds as if this was something that occured gradually over a period of time. I am sure that how her friends percieved the two of you was important all along. She probably ignored it or didn't think about it and then there may have been a comment here or there that began to make her think or bothered her. There is always the chance that there is something that she is not expressing also. In an effort to help, I am going to throw something out there. Since she has expressed concern about people looking at the two of you, could it be that there is something you could do to update your style of dressing. I am not suggesting that you change yourself or be artificial or try to dress in a way that is obviously not suitable to your age. Could it be though that you or your wardrobe could use a little updateing. I am sure that you dress appropriately for your work at the bank. In a social situation, however, you would not be the first man that needed a little fashion help. There are occasions when a gentleman needs to take a hard look at his fashion sense and ask himself if he is cutting his hair in a style that dates him. I can remember some of my friends keeping sideburns well after it was in fashion. It may be that this has nothing to do with what she is feeling and it does seem to be such a superficial thing. But in all honesty, even wives who have been married for years sometimes get their husbands to update their style of dressing. If you do have a problem in this area and you correct it perhaps the age difference will not be quite so obvious. What is your opinion?

Cookie and Sweetie