ok , im not sure how to go about this but my girlfriend and i had a fight which has resulted in law enforcement involvement for the 3rd time in 5months our relationship has been like a rollercoaster ride . This recent fight started after we returned to my place after i took her out for dinner on her bday . i gave her some zotes beer baked sunflower seeds i had gotten from work snack area . the label had a young woman standing "nude" in a beer mug . she wanted to know who gave them to me and i said jo the admin assitant . then she went into why would a woman give those to you ! i replied dont start an agruement they were given to all employees , well there insued an agruement and the mudslinging began , finally i had enough and got up off the loveseat and was going to walk away but she struck accord and i reached around grabbed her throat and told her to stop , then let go . i know that even though i didnt injure her i was wrong in my action , i said im sorry and backed away( this was the first time i had laid hands on her) . she then screamed not man is going to put his hands on me and pushed and slapped at me a couple times , and started to gather her belongings to leave . i told her i was tried of be accused of cheating, etc. and felt she was using me as a matter of convience . and the last time she got mad she had two guys threaten me via phone and she texted me she was interested in another guy . anyway as you can gather the relationship has had turmoil and turned toxic . well that night she filed a statement with police and told me i was going to pay . the police contacted me and told me to turn a statement and not to contact her . so i did the statement and took full responsibility for my action and have since been charge with domestic battery which she is already underprobation for after she got drunk and attacked me causing bleeding and scars . so to my question , i feel like this relationship can be salvaged but only through concelling to learn how to communicate . since its only been a week since the event should i do no contact from this point forward and let her approach me . or cut my losses and move on . i sent her this email within a day of the breakup and was contacted by police and warned again not to contact her .i want to turn this into a happy relationship but i dont know if it can be .
EMAIL:
You probably realize that each time we have tried as individuals to figuire out what the other wants and how to work to get the relationship we want the pain of failure is more costly. I think the main reason is we dont know what the other really wants or how to get what we want . I believe we really havent given ourselves a fair chance at a relationship . I think to do a proper reattempt we need to see a counselor and learn how to be a couple that can communicate .Which is the main key to a successful relationship . You are important to me and i want a happy relationship with you ,but we need help to learn positive communication .I dont want to give up on us but i also wont to fight for a love that only i want . So i have laid my offer out there to you. Whatever happens at this point is in your hands . The only thing i have left to say is that i want a relationship with you , i wont to settle for friendship I want much more than that with you .So thats it I WANT YOU , I dont need you . I hope you understand the difference .