hey there--

first off, i think you might be a little far along to have an abortion at this point. i'm not sure what the official cut-off is, but fie months seems pretty late.

but it's very responsible of you to consider whether or not you can give your baby the life you'd want him/her to have. if you think that you just can't, then you might consider putting him/her up for adoption.

and i know that this isn't an easy thing, but ultimately, you want what's best for the child. now, if you plan on keeping him/her, then there are lots of programs out there that will help you financially with the cost of having a child.

and i think that you should definitely share some of that responsibility with the father, because even if he hasn't been supportive, it is his child too, and he owes it to you and your baby to at least help you out with child support, if he won't be a man and be there for his child.

and as for whether or not you should break up with him, ultimately that's your decision. what you should think about is this: is it worse to know your father and have him be an irresponsible jerk, or to not know him at all.

you love your baby, so you want only the best things for him, and that includes the best people. and if you think her father isn't going to bring anything to the table, then maybe it's best that he isn't a huge part of her life.

and you can wait to meet a really good man who will treat you and the baby well--even though he isn't the father--as opposed to some half pint who won't even be supportive when you need it the most. i wish you well, and i know you have some hard decisions to make. sorry it has to be so tough.

good luck and keep us posted smile