Honestly our lives are so kid-centric at this point that I must profess that I would not use "romantic" to describe our relationship right now.
That being said, we've been married nearly 8 years and our marriage is as strong as ever.
We were engaged after just 6 weeks of dating so I can't say that we knew all there was to know about each other (how boring would that be anyways) but we did have very similar outlooks on life, including religion (or lack thereof in our case), family life, politics, etc. We are both fairly ambitious people yet would sacrifice everything for the family in a heart beat. We also tend to like the same people we meet ... there are lots of things I can think of that make us very compatible - even though we are definitely not "the same" person - we have our differences - tastes in books, movies, humor - but nothing that screams out "CONFLICT". It just makes for smooth sailing.
We do have very occasional arguments, but it is usually about a transient event or misunderstanding, and not about anything I would consider "fundamental." We have no recurring arguments i.e. about the same topic or theme- which in my experience is a relationship killer.