Thanks, Aerial!

I agree about the communication. I remember when Marge and I had our first "shouting" discussion. I have a long-term (from childhood issues) fear of abandonment, so I tended to avoid disagreements and would hold things inward until they blew, and then all the festering stuff would come out - out of proportion to the incident at hand.

Suddenly, as we were in the midst of the "discussion" (okay, we were arguing), we both suddenly started laughing. We knew we were not going to end a relationship that satisfied us both so much, and we knew we would work it out, so we did. Marge has helped me to see that just because you expose your feelings, it doesn't mean that everything has to end.

I remember an anecdote I read about a couple who would postpone arguments until they could be alone and nude/naked. Hard to stay angry when there are other emotions rising and hormones stirring.

From my first two marriages, I can attest to how much financial worries can negatively affect a relationship. But, I now see that even then, you can survive and even grow stronger when you communicate honestly and lovingly.

The reason I first posted this topic in Miscellaneous is I figured mostly singles would read in the Romance section. From earlier theads I had going, I know there are many who come to this forum who have happy relationships.

It would be nice to hear from some of you.

Marge is the love of my life.