Originally Posted By: joandboys
Marioman, I too agree with PDM. You are far too hard on yourself. Her father is going to be protective and believe what she tells him. Painful as it may be, this is far less painful than it would have been down the road. If she was truely all that you wanted and deserved she would have behaved better all along and she would not have ended your relationship without giving you better closure. You really need to realize that she was not living up to your picture of her. You have loved the person you thought she was not the person she actually "IS". I am sorry, I know it hurts, but you will get stronger and learn from this and go on to find someone special that needs you as much as you need her. Have faith in that and believe that you deserve better and you will get better. Good Luck

Hey you guys, first off, thanks for the ears and all the advice given. I've realised that I have been to hard on myself, and I'm sick of it. I found out yesterday that my ex is now (well not too sure how long now) is with the guy who jacket she borrowed. I am pretty angry, but I'm not too sad about it. To me it kind of shows me that she really isnt the person I thought she was, and I regret now that I ever let myself fall in love with her. I know I'm probably just speaking out of anger, but I really feel that I wasted almost 3 years of my life, that it was all for nothing.

But anyway I do kinda wanna get "back out there" so to say, not just to date but also to meet new people, make new friends and such.