Sometimes one can be in love with being in love - if that makes any sense. You don't feel close in your own family, and that bothers you. You want to feel close in your relationship, and you don't really want to make waves.

You literally avoid fights. You try to be supportive. You talk about marriage.

And then you have major fights. Afterwards, you see that you were as much to blame as she was.

I realize you think it was a healthy relationship (for the most part). And that is the problem. From the outside looking in, it does appear to be a "clingy" kind of love that you have.

I still think your best course is to let her go her own way - love her enough to let her go and be free. And work on loving yourself.

And if it helps you, don't think of it as an ending. Think of it as a beginning - a chapter where you work on you.

Who knows? You may see her again later. I'd think that has more chance of success, however, if the ties are completely cut for now.

What right do I have to offer this advice? None. I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist, or certified in counseling.

But I have had relationships that were codependent. And I learned to live for me. And then, I met my soul mate.

Marge is the love of my life.