Originally Posted By: PDM

Say something has upset or annoyed the woman.
She tells her husband.
He wants to put things right.
She just wants a bit of sympathy and moral support.
He doesn't give it, because he's thinking of ways to solve the problem.
She gets upset, because he isn't giving her the sympathy & moral support that she craves.
He gets upset, because she isn't appreciating his attempts to solve the problem.
Both are feeling uncared for.
Neither is understanding the other's needs.

If something goes wrong for me now, I might say to my husband, something like, such and such has upset / annoyed me, but I am not asking you to do anything about it, except to give me a hug.. smile

WOW! PDM

I definately get into a fight weekly with my bf over that same stupid thing! Were both very proud people, so when something upsets me or I want some affection, its hard for me to tell him that outright. I will end up sulking about it, and then he gets mad and says something the opposite of loving and affectionate, and then I get mad, all because I want a hug but I don't want to tell him I want a hug, I want him to just hug me because he wants to. (if that makes any sense)

Maybe when I tell him something upsets me in this way, he won't get all defensive and aggrivated trying to fix it, but he'll just give me my hug...

~ Maggie
Mama to Juliana Elise (03/07), Wesley Dominick (06/10) and four feathered 'tielbabies!