Originally Posted By: PDM

As for saying 'it wasn't a phone call like it should have been!!' ~ well, I'm afraid I don't agree with you. You cannot tell other people what they should do. There is no rule to say that she has to use a telephone rather than e-mail to contact you. There is no rule to say that she had to contact you at all.

Are you, perhaps, expecting too much of others and imposing rigid rules on yourself and on them?

Good luck smile

I'm going to have to argue with you on this one PDM. First off, I will say, you're right that there is no rule. Common courtesy has no rules also. It's just guidelines we've created over the years and they change. It's not something you find written in stone or in the law books. Ok, look at it from your end. What if you had someone, a friend, that you called occassionally to talk too. This person would NEVER call unless it was call back from a missed call from you. And even sometimes that was occassional. Then, that person started returning your calls, NOT with phone calls, but apology emails. Frankly, I think, I would be a little peeved at this person myself.

And also, expecting too much? PDM, I'm just asking for a phone call. How hard is that? I'm not asking her to become my best friend and come hang out everyday evening I get home from work. I'm not asking for a phone call everyday. But since its been over month since my last two attempts to call her with voicemails included, and she sends me a message on facebook because she just happened to see me online. I mean, if a simple 2 minute return phone call is too much. Now, if she had mentioned to me that her phone was lost, stolen, then I wouldn't have blown up about it. But I don't know that. If that's the case then she would have lost my number. But I know she hasn't. She has it logged into her phones address book.

I do want to say one more thing. I know a lot of these things seem strange for a guy to complain about. I can't stand it either. These little things frustrate me, and I get more frustrated for being frustrated at the little things. It sucks! But I can't help noticing it because its something that I keep failing at in my daily life. There is something I'm not doing, or doing wrong, and I just don't know what it is. I am considering counseling again. I am reluctant too because my last 2 counselors weren't very helpful at all. Two very bad experiences. I did have a third that I saw and he was really good and did help on most things. The only problem is I've moved off and its very difficult for me to get back to see him on a regular basis. I don't know. It's still under consideration.

You may only be one person to the world
But you may also be the world to one person.