We all make bad choices, not many people can say that they have always chosen the best person to share their life with. You just need to focus on you and your daughter and try to make the decisions that you know are the best...and you know in your heart what is best, it's just hard sometimes to see past our hurt. We always want to see the best in people and sometimes you try too hard and make people into something they aren't. It gets easier. I was in a situation somewhat like yours. My ex had come along at a time when I was hurting bad from a recent breakup and I thought he was the cat's meow...we had a rough relationship, but I loved him, so I made excuses for our behavior. Now that I am in a stable relationship I can look back and see that maybe it wasn't as great as I had ever thought it was. I was just wanting him to fill a void. Being a single parent is tough, too, but you can do it. Take everything one day at a time, and take everything with a grain of salt. Doing it on your own will do things for you that you would have never imagined!

The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.