Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#346635 01/13/09 03:43 AM
S
sbsc Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My problem is that I have noticed this woman for about 3 years, but I am afraid to speak to her because I am 99% sure she is lesbian. the reasons why I think this are 1: I have once seen her arrive at work with another woman whom I know IS lesbian, 2: she and that other woman are always together at work, and 3: when she isn't at work, neither is the other woman (and vice versa). I have tried to forget her and have even told myself "forget it" and have learned to accept forgetting her. but yet, almost every time I see her, my heart beats faster and I feel attracted to her or close to her somehow. I know she does not have any feelings toward me, obviously, since she has not made any attempts to approach me or speak to me (regardless of the fact that she has looked at me and even seen me looking at her). I have thought about asking co-workers, if they know her, if they know she is lesbian. but I thought that might make me look like a stalker. so should I, in fact, let it go and give up? is how I feel stupid and dumb? confused

S
S
No its not dumb at all. I think you should try and open some communication with her. And if she is a lesbian well then you are gonna have to face moving on, but she could not be. And its not that uncommon for a straight person to fall for a person who isnt. So no not dumb at all

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
sbsc welcome to the forum.

Mabe the best thing to do is just bite the bullet and strike up a conversation. See how she responds to your attention. Keep in mind that she my well be lesbian, but then she may play for both teams. Or she may just have a good friend who is lesbian.

My best friend in high school was lesbian, but that did not affect our friendship. I would hate to think that someone discounted me because they saw me spending time with my best friend.

If she were straight you probably would have no problem asking if she is in a relationship, so this should not be any different.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site