It has come up once before. One of these people gave my SO a very thoughtful and expensive gift last year. It took some thought, research, and I'm sure they had to save money to make it happen. There was nothing wrong with the gift, but I felt the whole detailed gesture was a bit out of place, and a conversation did end up developing.

Basically my SO's opinion is that this person's feelings are just that and should not reflect on their friendship, at least from my SO's standpoint. We're together, and will continue to be until one or both of us decides we're not.

All of this I agree with and totally appreciate. This is why I feel sorta trapped. I hate the idea of bringing it up again - like beating a dead horse and making my SO think I don't trust them when we have technically already addressed this issue.

That's also why I hesitate to bring it up about the others. On SO's side - it seems cut and dry. The last thing I want to do is slowly push them into someone else's arms because every few months I'm reminded of their "friends" and have a moment of insecurity.

I guess I'm hoping someone knows how I can deal with this on my own - since I realize that's really and truly the only thing I have any control over in this situation.