Thanks for the advice PDM and SDG. I hope it works out as well (obviously). I can't say I'm too interested in platonic relationships with women. Besides, it's hard if not seemingly impossible for most people(to my knowledge) to maintain an extended friendship with the opposite gender because attraction usually kicks in and ruins it somehow, especially if one of them used to be attracted to the other at one point.

There is one woman who I also like and tends to say the "you're so funny" a lot, though she's already in a relationship. Just my luck. Just out of curiosity, does that type of dialog usually have the same meaning regardless of relationship status, or is it to be understood as a statement with no underlying message? I've been assuming that there is nothing besides a friendship between us, but then again I know I'm rather dense with these things.

It might be a while until I can reply again, my internet connection has been choppy lately. If there aren't anymore replies, then thank you for the help, and I'll definitely keep those tips in mind, especially the eye dilation.