We were together for almost 2 years and I decided to end our relationship just last month. He’s a nice guy, 9 years older than I am (24) and very respectful to me. However, he’s not as caring as I expect from a boyfriend. We can have lots of fun, joke around & enjoy each other’s company – but deep inside, I feel like there’s a major lack of emotional connection between us. Our conversation usually revolves around things like my work, his work, my day, his day, what we ate, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a problem talking about these stuff at all, but I need more than that. Sometimes, I feel extremely down & I need to talk to him about my feelings, my perspective about a certain thing in life like family, friend...but I felt like it just couldn’t click between us, he listens, but yet – will act like I never told him about those stuff the next day. Never asks again how I feel, if I’m still sad,etc. He says he cares a lot about me, but seriously I do not understand his way of caring. He says more than he does – and sometimes, he doesn’t even care to ask like I mentioned above. Throughout our relationship, I broke up with him a few times but we always found our ways back to each other. Mainly from his side, getting all emotional (yes, crying), constantly called me & showed up at my work begging me to get back with him. Things would still be the same & I started to think that this is probably how he is. I was getting down very often (about many things, not just our relationship) & became very stressful since I could not talk to him about it. Not that I didn’t want to, but I knew that he could not understand just like when I talked to him many times before. I became so frustrated, and mean to him. It was bad that at some point my words were very abusive. I know he was sad, but never mentioned anything about it. It was getting worse so I decided to end it, just a day before his B-Day. I wrote a letter, telling him everything about how I feel & told him to cut all contact with me from now on. We met up twice after that. He never replied my mail or said anything about it in person. He tried text messaging & calling me for about a week - and yet, never mentioned anything about our situation, just random stuff. I never replied & he stopped contacting entirely since last month. On my B-day (Memorial Day), he sent me a text message early morning wishing me a happy B-Day. It was very surprise & touching. I texted back to thank him & he didn't reply back. Yesterday, I came back to work and there it was – a beautiful fruit bouquet delivered to me, signed by him with love “thinking about me & a belated happy birthday”. I called to thank him after work, he didn’t pick up so I left him a text message. He texted me back 1/2 hr. later saying he was gonna have it delivered on my birthday but not sure if I was working. He then told me that he still has the same feelings for me & that I’m the only one he cares about. I just feel so stuck right now & not sure what I should do. I’ve been extremely depressed over our break up, but I don’t know whether it’s a good idea to get back with him. I still think about him & care for him a lot..but..Sorry for such a long post but any thought would be greatly appreciated now. Thank you for reading my post to this far!!!

Last edited by lagirl143; 05/28/08 04:24 PM.

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown