hey..i'll go ahead and put my input in this, but remember this is only my input..
ok im not a big fan's of cheaters,,but since this did happen along time ago and he has not done it since then and you guys have worked it out,,then its not a issue any more ,unlease it still a issue with you (which he may think it is)..
nexts, there could be 2 reasons why he depends so much on you when you guys go out with your friends..1st is he is afread to be him self around other girls if your with him, he may think you well think he is flirting or that he well cheat again,, 2nd to him your friends may be watching every move he makes, thinking they are juging him..
he may not be going out with his friend any more can also be for 2 reasons...1st he may not feel the need to go out and party any more or do the whole "guy" thing..most guys go out to look for girls or to look at girls and if he is in love with you then he may not feel the need to do so any more...2nd well even though you want him to go out with his friends he may think you dont..not really..afread you may think he is cheating again or well do it again. if it took that long to rebuil the trust he dont want to do anything that well brake that...
.with the whole "friends with your brother thing" dont worrie about it,, guys are different then girls,,there is a good chance he well still be good friends with you brother even if your not together..and if he does not , then dont say with him for the only reason is your brother..it well just end badly all around...
most guys are on a different level then girls when it comes to showing how they feel..they say things with out thinking and just want to hurt the person who hurt then by saying not so nice things...i would talk to him about this,,exsplain how it makes you feel and try to come to a agreement,,just keep in mind he can not just change like that,,it well take time for him to learn not to say mean things when he is mad.but over time he well ( my hubby was the tipe to walk out of a fight,,like say he is "going to his moms" and stupid stuff like that just becasue he was upset or mad,,i just talked to him and we worked on it for a few months and now he dont do that)

its not really making a list of the good and bad, its more of seeing "if the good out waighs the bad" if there is more good times then bad..then your good, but if there is more bad then good, then a reall look at what you guys have together needs to be done...

but what it comes down to is how you feel...if you love him then be with him and try to work things out by talking to each other more over all this,,,but if you feel you do not love him anymore then ,may be a "time out" needs to be done. if not a end for ever...over time you could work a friendship back into this, but that may not happen, or atleast it may not be the same...
like i said go with your feelings and you well make the right choce,,even if at first it dont feel like you made the right one, it well get better with time smile