Eye contact does say a lot. When visiting Jebel Ali (United Arab Emirates) during last deployment and eating at a restaurant on a port base, myself and my then-soon-to-be-girlfriend to be, both in the Navy, were having personal conversation (talked about hometown/how old we were=I was 33, she was 32/NY Pizza vs. Chicago Pizza/marital status-both of us single with no children/classical movies/sports=she liked boxing, I liked MMA/our personal feelings toward each other/etc.) and looking into each other's eyes. There was no one around at that time. She was also constantly flicking her eyelids, blushing, and smiling. She used to seldom smile until we knew each other. I was constantly licking my lips and smiling,not smirking. Our heads were engaging each other a little close. She also placed her hand on mine (my mind was saying, "what the #$%^?"). Our mouths started to slightly open. Just as we were about to do our first kiss while seated across each other from the table, I heard a door open and we snapped out of it and regained our senses. We almost got carried away with it. And since were both in uniform and on duty, it would have gotten us into trouble. So she said, "Let's just avoid this until we are done eating and into my workplace." This goes to show what the eyes can do in a first impression. It's a powerful thing. Whew! What started out as casual friends blossomed into something else that night. And I won't forget that! Now we laugh about it.

Last edited by Tequila; 07/11/07 11:26 PM.