RomanceClass.com
Posted By: thetexmom eye contact - 05/07/07 09:21 PM
Hi i am new to this site. I have been dating this wonderful guy for the past 4 months and have stayed ant his house for the past 6 weeks. for all practical puposes we are living together. we get along great, we don't fight but the "L" word has not been said yet. everyone i know thinks we will get married by the end of next year. we are perfect together. we went on 5 dates before he even kissed me and a couple of more before we slept together. we got to know each other before anything happened. now this weekend was something diffrent. we were just being lazy and started messing around. well, when we made love he looked me straight in the eyes the whole time. I looked at him the whole time as well. we would smile at each other sometimes but mostly it was a gaze. is this a sign that he is falling in love with me or is already in love with me. and maybe wants to tell me. that is what my friend said. everyone is surprized that he has not done so yet. we have taken things very slow and maybe he is scared to tell me. we both have had bad realtionships in the past . it is very hard to make constant eye contact like that during the day. it was not dark at all.... just need some opions
Posted By: PDM Re: eye contact - 05/07/07 10:36 PM
Hi thetexmom & welcome

I was wondering, if someone asked you this same question, giving those same details, what do you think you might say? smile
Posted By: Christy Beth Re: eye contact - 06/09/07 11:36 PM
too much information there are 13 year olds on here they dont wana here thode details!!
Posted By: irish_hippie20 Re: eye contact - 06/17/07 02:16 AM
I'd say the man loves you. Ask yourself, does he show it in his actions? Even still, it has been said that poetry and the eyes are the most pure portals to the soul, and a soul encompasses the entire being of a person, one cannot hide feelings shown through such a pure portal.
Posted By: Stephanie sweet keets Re: eye contact - 06/17/07 02:27 AM
Hey welcome. Too much detail there but anyways it's your choice to what you want.
Posted By: Eric13 Re: eye contact - 06/17/07 04:22 AM
Well, I don't know what "thode" people are talking about, to be honest.

Raght?
Posted By: LoRaXspeek4keets Re: eye contact - 06/17/07 04:33 AM
huh? confused

anyway--it sounds like he loves you (and you love him) if he looks you in the eye the whole time, i think more than anything it's indicative of his wanting to see your experience of it (like are you enjoying it, how you react, etc. ) have you mentioned it to him? i bet he doesn't even realize that he's doing it so much. but i digress. i don't think you should go off of just that to determine whether or not he loves you. at the very least, it just tells you that he's considerate, which is good, but not really what you want to know. if you want to get an idea, why don't you just tell him that you love him (assuming you do), and see what happens? naturally, he could lie, but people are better at reading each other than they acknowledge. so just say it yourself, and watch what he does. and remember--the best way to determine how a person is going to treat you i to watch how they treat other people...think on it... smile hope i helped! and congrats on finding one of the few (it seems) good guys! YAY LOVE grin laugh grin laugh grin
Posted By: LoRaXspeek4keets Re: eye contact - 06/17/07 04:34 AM
oh--and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!! laugh
Posted By: PDM Re: eye contact - 06/17/07 10:33 AM
They say that if someone loves you, their pupils widen when they look at you, and I understand that this is actually true.
Posted By: Christy Beth Re: eye contact - 06/17/07 05:45 PM
okay well sorry i spelt those wronge, but that does not give u the right to make fun of my feelings of the situation, and no 1 is perfect and i know u have probley spelt words wronge too .
Posted By: PDM Re: eye contact - 06/17/07 08:24 PM
We don't pick up on spelling errors here ~ there are too many typos to worry about.

I think that it was just a little joke, though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and feelings.
Posted By: Christy Beth Re: eye contact - 06/18/07 01:01 AM
ya i agree
Posted By: s123m456 Re: eye contact - 07/03/07 06:48 PM
Okay first of all, I too am a young teen. Fourteen years old. And personally, the words "making love" do not offend me. *rolls eyes*. After all the things we are exposed to in the media, "making love" seems reasonable to say, and is at least respectful. I'm sure that you will get over it and not be traumatized... grin
But yes. Typos happen. It was a bit of a cute joke, though, and I'm sure no harm was intended.
Posted By: s123m456 Re: eye contact - 07/03/07 06:51 PM
In answer to your question, my opinion is this: While one cannot deny that gazing passionately into your eyes is quite romantic, is this new behavior for him? If he just did it for the first time in this incident, he very well may have felt an unusually strong connection to you at the time. I am sure some talking is needed- tell him that you love him, and gauge his reaction to that. Hope that helps! wink
Posted By: Tequila Re: eye contact - 07/11/07 11:05 PM
Eye contact does say a lot. When visiting Jebel Ali (United Arab Emirates) during last deployment and eating at a restaurant on a port base, myself and my then-soon-to-be-girlfriend to be, both in the Navy, were having personal conversation (talked about hometown/how old we were=I was 33, she was 32/NY Pizza vs. Chicago Pizza/marital status-both of us single with no children/classical movies/sports=she liked boxing, I liked MMA/our personal feelings toward each other/etc.) and looking into each other's eyes. There was no one around at that time. She was also constantly flicking her eyelids, blushing, and smiling. She used to seldom smile until we knew each other. I was constantly licking my lips and smiling,not smirking. Our heads were engaging each other a little close. She also placed her hand on mine (my mind was saying, "what the #$%^?"). Our mouths started to slightly open. Just as we were about to do our first kiss while seated across each other from the table, I heard a door open and we snapped out of it and regained our senses. We almost got carried away with it. And since were both in uniform and on duty, it would have gotten us into trouble. So she said, "Let's just avoid this until we are done eating and into my workplace." This goes to show what the eyes can do in a first impression. It's a powerful thing. Whew! What started out as casual friends blossomed into something else that night. And I won't forget that! Now we laugh about it.
Posted By: PDM Re: eye contact - 07/12/07 12:07 AM
Eyes ~ the windows of the soul.
Posted By: Birdie Menagerie Re: eye contact - 07/12/07 03:31 AM
From what you wrote, it sounds like he may be getting deeper feeling for you than before. You gotta be cautious of those guys who immediately start saying that they love you. To me, it makes me think of a used car dealer, who wants you to buy the lemon before you realize how bad a car it really is.
© RomanceClass Forum