Next Thread
Print Thread
#219069 10/08/07 09:36 PM
P
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
P
So my fiance stays with me pretty much every night. He needs to leave early before my dad gets home from work so he usually doesn't get much sleep since he has to break it all up. Well last night he decided to go home and get some real sleep. Fine with me, but we usually sleep on the phone when he isn't here so I feel more safe being alone. We've gotten so used to doing it he claims he can't sleep without doing it. Well last night once he got home he says "I'm home I'll talk to you later bye I love you" Fine.. usually he'd call me back once he got ready for bed say good night I love you sweet dreams then we sleep. Only after I said bye love you too he says "good night sweet dreams" meaning we wont be sleeping on the phone. So I got pretty upset then I started thinking about it and he's been acting kind of distant lately.. maybe he's cheating on me? Maybe he's with her now and that's why he wont even sleep on the phone with me so I can feel safe? Later that night at about 5 am in my house with kisses.. very sweet. He said he felt bad for leaving me and he couldn't sleep without me. He still had his work clothes on. I asked him why he didn't change.. he said because these clothes were right in front of him and he just wanted to get to me.
I'm just starting to get a little suspicious. Maybe he left to go stay with another girl.. he hung up when he got to her house obviously because of where he was. He did whatever with her then started feeling guilty that he made me sleep alone and scared just so he could have his fun and came back. But the thing is I can't question him on it because what if his story is the real one... then I'll be making him feel like he can't even do sweet things for me without getting in trouble. Sorry it's so long.. but any ideas on what i should do?

God Bless,
Tasha
Princess_Destiny #219186 10/09/07 03:59 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Princess Destiny, this is what you said on another thread:

Originally Posted By: Princess_Destiny
...I have to say that the jealousy is from not trusting the other person. I say this because I'm in a relationship, where my fiance just got out of doing that to me. The same way he describes his wife. I told him over and over he needs to trust me, a relationship without trust is NOT a relationship. He refused to admit he didn't trust me, and it was the men he didn't trust. After a while of nothing but fights, then deciding to be mature about it and sit down and discuss the things calmly, he started to realize what he was really doing, and admitted it was him not trusting me. He said not COMPLETELY, he knows fully that I would never cheat on him, but somewhere in the back of his mind was a "what if". His exact words he said to me was "I haven't been trusting you, and I didn't realize it. Even if those guys were after you, I trust that you wouldn't cheat on me, so I should trust you would handle the situation well too." So basically, he trusted I wouldn't cheat.. but didn't trust that I was smart enough to handle the situation well if a guy was trying to get with me. Hm which is the worse of the two evils? Not trusting that they're a good person or not trusting that they're smart?? Not sure! lol but either way not trusting is not trusting. It's something that needs to be addressed. Which is why I gave the advice to talk calmly, once we started doing that he started seeing what HE was doing wrong in not trusting me, and I started seeing what I was doing wrong by making him not trust me. Not every little bit of his worries was out of paranoia, they have to spring from somewhere. So I learned what to compromise on on my part, and he learned what to compromise on on his part, and our relationship is a lot better since.

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthread...3060#Post183060

Is this the same partner?
If, so, and I am guessing that it is, then it seems that you have only just got him to fully trust you, and now you are not sure that you trust him. That's sad.

Why did he go home?
To sleep, he said ~ if he works, he needs sleep.

But did he go home, or did he see another woman?

I don't know. You just have to decide whether or not you trust him.

Maybe he was just really, really tired.

But you say that he has been acting distant lately.
If that's true, why not just ask him about it.

You don't have to ask him if he is seeing someone else, just say that you feel that he is acting a little more distant than usual ~ especially not sleeping on the phone ~ and you were wondering if anything was wrong.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #219841 10/13/07 11:32 PM
P
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
P
Well for the most part I do trust him. A few other things ended up happening where I couldn't not talk to him about it anymore so I came out with it. Of course at first he was upset that I didn't trust him enough to not talk about it, but he calmed down and talked to me. Just like him I've always had trust issues because I have been cheated on A LOT. But with him I let all of that go. I thought I let it go more than I did obviously since I started second questioning it. I don't know if I would say I trust him or not because I have a reason to say I don't and a reason to say I do. I obviously don't because I had my doubts.. but on the other hand all it took to take those doubts away was him saying "No baby I wouldn't do that to you" so on the other hand I have to trust him to be able to believe him without him even offering reasoning. He did end up later explaining without me asking and it all makes sense. I thank you for the advice, I didn't read it until after all this though because I haven't had a computer. But thank you anyways for offering it. And yes it is the same partner.

God Bless,
Tasha
Princess_Destiny #219842 10/13/07 11:34 PM
P
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
P
Oh and the reason I didn't just ask him about being distant is because I had already talked to him about that, he said he didn't see it and apologized, said he'd try to pay more attention to it. So I didn't want to come running back two days later saying it again.

God Bless,
Tasha
Princess_Destiny #220019 10/15/07 12:39 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I understand

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site