Print Thread
#215164 09/18/07 02:18 AM
A
Argyll Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
A
Say internet dating and you'll get some pretty mixed ideas on it. Some people are all for it and some are against it. Personally...I have had an amazing experience with it and have found someone I love very much as a result. I also had a lot of fun and met some spectacular women along the way.

What have your experiences been, and are you for or against it. What are the things to watch out for?

Do tell!

http://livingstoncooks.blogspot.com/
Perception is reality.
S
Friend
Friend
S
Hmm.. I've never done the dating sites or anything, but much of my social life has been on the internet, and thusly, I've had one failed relationship from my teens, and then I also met my wonderful husband online.

I've heard other people having both wonderful experiences meeting significant others online, and then of course there are those who lie (and more).

My take on it is, people lie in person, too, and I have heard some of the same horror stories happen to people who met their "true love" in person. And so... all I can really say is that if you talk to somebody long enough, as with in person, you'll start to see just how well their stories line up with themselves.

I believe that most people, however, are quite honest (in as much as they'd be honest in person.)

I also believe that the internet is wonderful in that it's much easier to get the heart of person through text than in person simply because people, for whatever reason, tend to be more revealing online--I guess there's security in the thought that "these people don't really know me and don't present any real threat."

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site