Hello! I am a 19 y.o. university student. A week ago today, I broke up with my boyfriend of 10 months. It was over many things, but all little things which I took to far out of perspective. Not to mention, it was my...erm...time of the month, so I wasn't te most pleasant person. I've also been diagnosed with PMDD (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder), so bear with me. As for college, the distance was a little hard on us. I go to school about an hour away.

I was in such extreme remorse of leaving him. I kept calling him and asking for him back and to forgive me. He said I personally did nothing wrong. He said he was tired of hurting me and that's why he won't take me back. But I am hurt more without him. So, I was so depressed I didn't eat for 3 days. I am taking care of myself again now but everything reminds me of him. I can't get him off my mind and I have moments every day that I break down. I love him and have never felt this way about anyone before. He gave me a promise ring and he was also the first person I was intimte with. I was so happy and comfortable around him and I just felt like a blossoming flower. He was always there for me.

So now...he wants to be my best friend. This is something we lacked in our relationship. We kinda-sorta had a best friend sort of bond, but it wasn't strong enough, I think. He says we both need time to grow and fix ourselves and once we do that there is possibility for a relationship again.

So, here's my dilemma. I don't know how to be his best friend. I've always been 'the girlfriend' or 'the friend' before we were together. I don't want to move on to someone else because I am a Long-Term Relationship person. I feel so obsessed with him right now...I always want to call him, or see him, etc. I am still extremely emotionally attached to him and I really want him back, more than anything. I just don't know what to do to get there. I don't want to be too clingy because I am afraid of damaging what we have left between us. I truly believe we will be together again, but it will be in due time and I'm not the most patient person in the world. What can I do to get my mind off him until then?

Sorry for the long post. I'd appreciate any advice smile

Last edited by Miss Krista; 03/20/11 06:27 PM. Reason: addition