Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
charlene_1122 #316283 08/02/08 04:00 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi guys,
I posted earlier about my story, and i remember you guys telling me not to call him, but to wait for him to call me... i am trying to get over this still. i'm making progress but sometimes, my mind would still keep going back to thinking about him.
he said he wanted to still be friends. i really tried, and i took your advice not to call him, and he did call me... once. it has gotten to the point where i wonder if our 3-month relationship meant anything to him because it seems like he's moving on pretty well w/o me. though i could tell he cares if i still say hi to him or not (b/c one time, i said hi to everyone else but him, and he called my name to make sure i know he's there). i really really care about him, but often i feel like he doesn't need me anymore... should i tell him that? lol frown

charlene_1122 #316289 08/02/08 05:19 AM
Soulmate
Soulmate
I think you have been given excellent advice. He really does seem to want to be casual friends. So often we women translate a guy's idea of friendship into our idea of friendship. I wonder if you shouldn't let him continue to define what he views as friendship. Take a totally passive role and see what that means as he sees it. Do you think there is the possibility that he is playing hard to get to manipulate the situation to his advantage? It just seems so odd that he is seeking you out when you don't seek him. Almost like he is saying one thing and acting like another. It seems to me that taking a passive role and seeing what happens would reveal a lot in any case. Good luck to you.

Cookie and Sweetie
joandboys #316308 08/02/08 09:47 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I agree with you Joandboys. it is quite confusing how he "seeks me out when i don't seek him"... that's why i'm so lost. i want to know what he's thinking >.<
But does taking a passive role mean to continue ignoring him? should i answer if he calls? should i say hi or ignore him when i see him?

charlene_1122 #316349 08/02/08 03:14 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Personally, I think that you should be as polite as you would be with any friendly acquaintance. You would smile and say hello, but probably wouldn't seek them out, unless there was very good reason.

It may be an ego thing for him ~ he only wants to say 'hi', but wants to 'know' that you are still besotted???

Or maybe he wants something else, entirely, and doesn't know how to express himself.

Take Jo's advice and just find out, without appearing to be too keen.

Good luck.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site