I am going to take the easy road on this one--

First I am not married and never have been--so take my 2 cents for what it is worth.

I think all of you have put in very important elements--I think a good marriage IS something you have to work on. There are alot of people out there who do not seem to realize that--it is an ongoing process--you don't just land your spouse and let it all go after that. I think sharing laughter is important, sharing goals, sharing dissappointments. There is a theme there--you have to share--and you have to TRUST your spouse enough to be willing to share. If you expect consideration you have to give consideration. There should be a give and take to a marriage, it cannot be all one giver and one taker. My grandmother always told me it was important never to go to bed on a fight--because it just festers. If there is an issue you have to talk it out. I would think these are all actually important elements in any kind of a relationship not just a marriage. smile

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion." Abraham Lincoln