I think you could try again. I wouldn't cut off contact, because that's a good way for him to just forget about you, or think you've forgotten about him and he might just move on.

As long as you come off as understanding, and explain the situation - why you want him back and why you think it didn't work, all sorts of things like that - I think you have a good chance at it if he REALLY didn't want to break up in the first place. If he tells you that he still wants more time, give it to him.

Just BE THERE; don't cut of contact and always be around if he ever needs you or just wants to talk. Make sure he knows you're still willing to be good friends if that's all he wants from you, even if it's just for the time being. :3

Edit: Even if you "don't want to be his friend", that's a big part of it. Being his friend DOESN'T mean that you can't be his girlfriend later, in fact if might even give you a better chance. A girlfriend IS just a glorified friend, anyways. He'll feel more comfortable around you, and probably get to know you and like you even better. And besides, isn't it better to be friends than nothing at all?

Last edited by Keruru; 05/24/10 06:12 AM.