OK, here goes. I have been dating my partner for nearly 8 years. Its had more downs, and a some ups. I love my partner with everything that I have. My partner has a son, which I have been in his life since before he was born.

A few months ago, I had been noticing that my partner was doing things differently. Making phone calls after I left and etc etc.

So I found out that my partner had been talking to this other person. To make a long story short, we are so close to actually verbally breaking up, that its tearing me apart.

My partner says that they are depressed (arent we all at some point) and unhappy and etc. Also that they are thinking that they need to be alone and not date anyone until they feel they can date and not let the other person down or unhappy. My partner feels that they let me and the son down. I dont feel the have.

I feel that I let them down with all the yelling, fighting, screaming, and plain out temper issues.

I believe that they are dating another person b/c of notes, messages and stuff that I have read. I have confronted my partner but they just dont talk about it, but have slipped when I have asked questions like.."If I have to leave are you going to move in with them." and they say they arent and doesnt really know what they want, but are afraid that if they make the wrong decision that they will lose me.

I love my partner and its been really xxxxxx, but I made a promise many years ago to be faithful and no matter what, try to fix things and no go to bed angry etc.

I dont know what to do, I feel they are waiting til after Christmas to VREBALLY make a decision on whether they want to be with me and fix things or separate.

I am on a brink, I have changed things and have well.. what do they call it. Seen the light. LOL. I havent yelled, nor many other things. We even made love the other night, and its been years!!!

I feel its hot and cold now. One min we are ok, and the next min I feel my partner is distant.

I dont know what to do.. feel free to ask questions etc. if it will help..

thanks!

Heartbroken...

Last edited by PDM; 12/09/08 01:33 AM.