Hmm I read your post before going to take my bath. The steam and my own life gave me something to share with you. I have a rare skin condition that makes me look like a bad burn all the time. So that made me undatable; so I thought. No one even touched me in high school and people often walk to the other side of the street when they see me.
That said... I have a hubby! We met online and married 4 years ago.
Dating is not what it used to be. Its get in and get out. So I bucked up and told myself that anyone who will stay around for more than 3 dates is worth alot. I went through many over 100 Yes I kept count LOL the 100th one is my hubby.

For you it is a time to focus on you! Get to know yourself and focus on your good qualities about yourself.
Sounds like you are looking for why your guy didnt stay. Well he didnt, but another might just be looking for your confident and knowledgable qualities.
I cant have kids. Maybe another guy realy would like to have a family.
Dont beat yourself up for what life has given you right now. Focus on making you the best you that you are;shopping, spiritual help, time with your kids..and then time will open up new oprtunities. Maybe you want to try an online dating site; just to test the water. I know that is tabu for some. I believe there are some safe paid dating sites now.
We are with you. You can always come back here and chat.
Hugs to you Dentwoboys