RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Lindz First Boyfriend/back and forth - 07/15/09 11:53 PM
I'm 18 and have my first boyfriend. He is the perfect guy and we've been dating for 5 months. I'm not a touchy feely kind of person at all, and I cannot be around someone for a long amount of time. He knows this and yet is constantly hugging me and kissing me, which I don't mind really, but not so often. He's also always telling me how he loves me so, and I think that this should not be said so often so its more special. I ended up breaking up with him last week before I went out of town (it was not planned at all) and I realized how much I missed him, so I called him and now we're on a break. He and I tell each other we miss one another, and he tells me he loves me (I haven't said it yet) and its nice. I hurt him really badly when I broke up with him and I'm scared it'll happen again, but I want to be with him. I know it won't last forever and I think he does too, but I do want to be with him. I just want to make a good decision. Sorry its so long...I'm just confused...
Posted By: PDM Re: First Boyfriend/back and forth - 07/16/09 01:22 AM
Hello Lindz & welcome smile

I met my first boyfriend when I was 18, too, and I didn't consider myself to be overly touchy feely, either. Also, I find that I can't usually spend too much time with people. I don't know why, but that's how some people are, I suppose. And I didn't believe in saying that I loved someone, unless & until I was absolutely sure that it was true ~ and that it was 'for ever'.

I met my boyfriend in 1974, we started dating at the beginning of 1975 and we have been together ~ very happily ~ ever since. So it can last for ever! smile

Saying 'I love you' is always special ~ no matter how many times it is said, as long as the person means it.

Certainly this may not last for ever, but, if it's real, even if only for a short time, don't reject his signs of affection. They are special.
© RomanceClass Forum