RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lindz Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm 18 and have my first boyfriend. He is the perfect guy and we've been dating for 5 months. I'm not a touchy feely kind of person at all, and I cannot be around someone for a long amount of time. He knows this and yet is constantly hugging me and kissing me, which I don't mind really, but not so often. He's also always telling me how he loves me so, and I think that this should not be said so often so its more special. I ended up breaking up with him last week before I went out of town (it was not planned at all) and I realized how much I missed him, so I called him and now we're on a break. He and I tell each other we miss one another, and he tells me he loves me (I haven't said it yet) and its nice. I hurt him really badly when I broke up with him and I'm scared it'll happen again, but I want to be with him. I know it won't last forever and I think he does too, but I do want to be with him. I just want to make a good decision. Sorry its so long...I'm just confused...

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Lindz & welcome smile

I met my first boyfriend when I was 18, too, and I didn't consider myself to be overly touchy feely, either. Also, I find that I can't usually spend too much time with people. I don't know why, but that's how some people are, I suppose. And I didn't believe in saying that I loved someone, unless & until I was absolutely sure that it was true ~ and that it was 'for ever'.

I met my boyfriend in 1974, we started dating at the beginning of 1975 and we have been together ~ very happily ~ ever since. So it can last for ever! smile

Saying 'I love you' is always special ~ no matter how many times it is said, as long as the person means it.

Certainly this may not last for ever, but, if it's real, even if only for a short time, don't reject his signs of affection. They are special.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site