RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Lisa Shea Worst Place to Break Up - 03/11/07 08:45 PM
Where would the worst place to break up be? Breaking up is bad enough, without someone breaking up with you at say a relative's wedding!
Posted By: Stephanie sweet keets Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/11/07 10:32 PM
I never broke up with anyone but if I did I would say at the amusement park...won't be fun
Posted By: terryluvsgoldens Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/11/07 11:24 PM
I'd say the worst place would be a funneral.
Posted By: Stephanie sweet keets Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/11/07 11:29 PM
Originally Posted By: terryluvsgoldensand keets
I'd say the worst place would be a funneral.
yes that would be awful!
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/11/07 11:38 PM
OK if someone broke up with you at a funeral, then that is a *clear* sign you should stay far away from them, and that breaking up was really the best possible thing.
Posted By: Noel+Syd+Elliot Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/11/07 11:48 PM
I would say at your wedding or on prom night
Posted By: Stephen Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/11/07 11:51 PM
Noel- I wonder if anyone has actually 'broken up' at their wedding? grin
Posted By: terryluvsgoldens Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/12/07 12:44 AM
Good question 3b. I know of couples who have broken up or called off a wedding , but I don't know of any that have done it at the ceremony.

I still stand with a funneral time as the worst, you expect that person to be there and comfort you, support you in a time of grief and they tell you they know the timing is bad.... but.....
That's difficult!!!

And Lisa is right I was better off without them
Posted By: PDM Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/12/07 02:16 AM
I think that people have been jilted at the altar.
Posted By: birdfriend Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/12/07 02:20 AM
I think how can be just as important as where. I've had friends who've been broken up with over e-mail. I think that's really tacky.
Posted By: terryluvsgoldens Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/12/07 01:06 PM
Before email there was always the "Dear John" letters.
Posted By: Stephanie sweet keets Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/13/07 03:29 AM
I would have to say on Valentine day...You expect to have a romantic time but instead you end up with tears or being sad ect...
Posted By: Bird Crazy103 Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/13/07 08:56 PM
wow..over email??!?!!

thats tacky. just like you said birdfriend.

i would say the worst place would be either at a funeral like everybody is saying or ... idk why but i would think like .. that you think its a date just normal and calm. but tthen he/she brakes up with you. i know thats not a were, but it related. laugh
Posted By: Vanquish Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/14/07 12:23 PM
Its crazy I have just broken up with a girl and it happened in almost the same stretch of road both times with me driving which I promised myself last time I would never do again due to the cruel/insensitive feeling it entailed, Driving along in that compounding silence with the words on the tip of my toungue and once its out there, your almost at there house and you drop them off, the car door closes and so does a door to your 'could-be' life. I wonder if its because I get irritated driving and it just peaks me, or its just a coincidence

Any way Never again like that
Posted By: PDM Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/16/07 12:42 AM
Breaking up with someone whilst driving sounds potentially dangerous to me! shocked
Posted By: victor Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/16/07 12:51 AM
OK I think worse than the worst place to break up is not discussing breaking up at all - but just refusing to return phone calls and avoiding the person - rather than addressing the fact that you are indeed "breaking up".
This used to really tick me off.
No matter how bad the location or timing, every person deserves the dignity of having "the talk".
Posted By: Bird Crazy103 Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/16/07 01:52 AM
i agree laugh
Posted By: Birdie Menagerie Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/16/07 02:49 PM
I broke up with a guy by not speaking to him on the phone, and having my cousins run interferance. Then, when he asked why I wasn't talking to him, they said I had broke up with him.

I don't remember who this boy was. But apparently he was devestated. I was about 15 at the time. I decided to never break up that way again.
Posted By: Julia Danielle Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/16/07 04:38 PM
The worst breakup I've had was at a family barbeque on fourth of July, I think I was 16 and the guy I was with I'd been with since the beggining of 8th grade. I took off work to be there that night and he came over with his family since my family is really good friends with his...in fact that was how we met. I was down by the deck with my mom and some of her friends and he just blurted it out that we were no longer together, he was seeing someone else. What made it even more humiliating was my older brother was filming the younger kids fishing and was close enough to catch us in the picture along with his words! And the guy stayed for about 6 more hours with his family and I couldn't go no where!
Posted By: PDM Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 03/16/07 11:45 PM
I think, if you really care for someone, and they break up with you, then, wherever you are, that is going to be the worst place to break up.
Posted By: cutie bears Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 04/11/07 03:29 PM
in the movie a guy thing, they break up at the altar, and the guys brother asks the bride out.

oh, i know, right after they get engaged!

or when she tells him that she's pregnant.
Posted By: OiScoutChikk Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 04/24/07 12:53 AM
wors place is your own wedding, or at your parents house...or in the middle of church

wait, my ex bf told me this when we were still going out, that his buddy told him to do this: its christmas..your love gives you a fancy fancy box and tells you not to open it till chirstmas day when your familys all around..you open it, and its a note, the note reads,"its over"....that....would...suck..
Posted By: Princess_Destiny Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 05/19/07 09:35 AM
The worse way I've ever seen anyone break up with anyone was my sister. She was dating a guy for about a year. She liked him a lot, he was great with me (me being her young sister and a kid at the time, that was important to her) dad loved him.. SEEMED LIKE THE PERFECT GUY. Everything was going great, until one day at school he comes up to her asks her if they are still going to the movies that night, when she replied yes gave her a kiss on the cheek said okay i love you and hands her his usually everyday between classes note and walks away. She goes to her class opens the note starts off all normal. Then out of no where the line "I want to see other people" creeps up. Poor girl had to walk home because she was crying too bad to stay in school.. not only did she have to walk home crying.. but with a nose bleed!
Posted By: Princess_Destiny Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 05/19/07 09:37 AM
I got THEE most perfect place NOT to break up with someone... in the bed.. What a reason to feel cheap
Posted By: Aerial Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 05/19/07 10:05 AM
I was going out with a guy for around four years and while I was away working he emailed me, no warning, just out of the blue it was over. Turns out he was more interested in my best friend. I'm not sure at the time what hurt the most.
Posted By: PDM Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 05/19/07 11:52 AM
I suppose that anywhere, where you break up with someone you care about, is going to be the worst place.

Yes, Princess D ~ the bed would be terrible!
Posted By: Aerial Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 05/20/07 10:53 AM
A lady I work with has just recently gone through an horrific breakup. Her husband of 23 years decided that he needed a younger woman in his life.

No doubt another case of 'mid life crisis'on his part and all I can say is I hope his life is a misery after what I've seen her go through. What gives one person the right to suddenly change their minds like this and cause so much grief to another. To him all I can say is, you've lost a great woman and that date on your birth certificate won't ever change despite the new hair color, the new clothing etc.
Posted By: Niki Re: Worst Place to Break Up - 05/24/07 12:54 AM
I think around or during an anniversay sucks.

One of my boyfriends did that. I believe 2 days before our would be 4rth year. A few months after a very close relative died too. Left me with no one to grieve with but myself, and yet another reason to cry. =(
© RomanceClass Forum