RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Joe5 Help me please! - 01/08/08 01:49 AM
Hey im a teenage boy and I need some help with something. See I like this girl a lot. I cant explain it but I always get a feeling over my whole body whenever I see her, I cant describe it. Im am a shy guy and I usually have to use all of my courage just to talk to her. We are good friends though. I asked her sister what she thought of me and she said that she really liked me as a friend so that made me feel a little easier talking to her. What can I do to make it easier for me to talk to her. Also what are some activities or things I can do to maybe get her to like me more as a friend.
Posted By: JunJun Re: Help me please! - 01/08/08 01:56 AM
man its hard, im shy too. besides how old r u?
Posted By: The_Zookeeper Re: Help me please! - 01/08/08 02:04 AM
movies.

you go to the same school? walk her to class... simple stuff like that.
Posted By: JoeNathan Re: Help me please! - 01/08/08 03:39 AM
Shyness is the pits. When I was 14, I used to break into sweats and my hands would literally tremble when I tried to talk with a girl I liked.

I'll tell you though, I'm 25 now, and I still battle with shyness occasionally. One thing you could do is ask her what some of her interests are and see if you share any of those. Common interests makes for great ice breakers. They do make the conversations easier.

Movies are good starters for doing stuff. The only problem with movies is that they don't give you much time to talk. Except for the before and after, but it does give you something to talk about afterwards.

You could also try miniature golf or ice skating. If you share the same classes, ask her if she would help you study.
Posted By: PDM Re: Help me please! - 01/08/08 12:58 PM
Welcome Joe5 ~ I agree with the advice that you have been given and wish you luck.

One thing I will say is this ~ don't worry about it because that could make things worse. Just relax & take a few deep breaths.
Posted By: Caplan Re: Help me please! - 04/05/08 02:11 AM
I know I'm still a new member but lots of the advice on here that has been given will work just fine. If u want to find out if she likes you use what I call an "ambassador". Have a friend of yours thats a friend of hers engage in small talk with her and get your friend to eventually drift over to the subject of romance. Have your friend ask her if she likes you cause lots of the time girls when they like a guy say Your a really good friend. and as others have said just take a couple of deep breaths and just be yourself. If you can be funny but don't try to hard to be funny(it will make her feel uncomfortable) because laughing will help you feel calmer around her.( I'm a mediator at my middle school and i give out lot of help like this) You will also know that I had a friend that liked me to and when I asked her if she liked me she said yes(we didn't go out because i cant date till I'm 16)I'm 13
Posted By: suzzie Re: Help me please! - 04/05/08 02:29 AM
hahah wow to be a kid again... lol... ok coming from a girls point in this who has sisters...sorry man,,, her sister told you "she likes you as a friend" means only as a friend..lol but the good news is,, teenagers change there minds all the time,, some times we like this guy and the next time we like that guy lol.... if you act like you like her,, she well not like you that way ...just act cool around her. talk about other girls and how hot they are,,girls hate that, and she well start seeing you as a guy who could be a boyfriend type..lol..dont be around her all the time..we dont like needie guys ,,wel at lease when I was a teenager.... and dont lead on to any one you like her as a girl friend , but more that you think she is hot. that helps, but make sure you add other girls you think are hot too.. teen age girls are all crazy..I know I was lol...best thing to say is...be cool, no matter what...k
Posted By: PDM Re: Help me please! - 04/05/08 01:23 PM
Joe, please read some of the other threads.
You will see how similar it can be for other boys and you will pick up the advice given to them, too.

Here's one:
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=277422#Post277422
Posted By: PDM Re: Help me please! - 04/05/08 01:24 PM
Originally Posted By: suzzie
.... talk about other girls and how hot they are,,girls hate that, ...

Yes, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. confused
Posted By: MVP Re: Help me please! - 04/11/08 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Caplan
...Have a friend of yours thats a friend of hers engage in small talk with her and get your friend to eventually drift over to the subject of romance. Have your friend ask her if she likes you cause lots of the time girls when they like a guy say Your a really good friend...

I would actually rather if I guy came up to me himself and asked me to hang out, rather than a guy I'm friends with coming up and asking me if I like another guy. Lets see I really did like the guy who was being asked about, and even though i liked him, I would tell his "ambassador" that, "he's a nice guy, i just dont know.." I would only say my true feeling on the subject to a guy friend of mind if he was a good friend and able to be trusted. But when somebody comes up to me with a question of whether I like a guy, I assume either he likes me or I have been acting like I am digging him, which both lead me to stepping back from him and it to be awkard.

So my advice is to talk to her yourself! Maybe get some friends of yours to listen to her if they are in classes with her also, to see what she's all about and if she's on the quest for a bf.
Posted By: PDM Re: Help me please! - 04/12/08 01:33 PM
Hi MVP & welcome.

I agree ~ talk to someone directly if you want to be surer about what is said & what is meant.
Posted By: Caplan Re: Help me please! - 04/13/08 03:14 PM
What I meant by that is that if one of your friends that is a girl is also one of her friends. Girls tend to share secrets with their friends that are girls.
Posted By: PDM Re: Help me please! - 04/14/08 12:58 AM
Yes, some girls share secrets, but even some friends can actually do more harm than good! I know from experience!
Posted By: MVP Re: Help me please! - 04/26/08 02:58 AM
Originally Posted By: PDM
Yes, some girls share secrets, but even some friends can actually do more harm than good! I know from experience!

I agree!
Even though the ambassador is a girl, it still is much better when the situation is direct and to the point. I know if a guy talked to my friends about me, they would stretch the truth, if they thought he was a cool guy, they would make it sound like he liked me more than he actually did. If they didn't like him, they would purposely give info to me about how unappealing he would be as a bf. The point is that girls will try to protect their friend. If you went to her yourself, you wouldn't have any vague info being stretched in either direction. This also gives you a better chance of getting with the girl if her friends didn't like you...they would see how happy you made her (if in fact you did) and would grow to like you, get to know you better than what they already did. You may think she could be an ambassador, but just be careful, girls can talk a lot of xxxx.

I will say this again: Just go out of your comfort zone for once and see how she reacts! If you walk with girls in the halls, say girls who are friends, but never would stand with a girl while she was at her locker, than come up to her and talk with her as she was getting books at her locker. You say you are some what of a shy guy, the whole standing at the locker doesn't involve too much heavy eye contact, which may get you nervous, and you can focus and the conversation more.

Bottom line is that if she sees that you treat her differently than you do other girls, she may realize that you are into her.
Posted By: PDM Re: Help me please! - 04/26/08 12:05 PM
And some girls can even get jealous and actually sabotage their friends' relationships.
© RomanceClass Forum