RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Adam_ Growing apart - 10/08/07 09:32 AM
Hi smile

I'm in my final year of school, and just started a relationship (it's been about 3 months). We were good friends prior to dating. Recently, I've really been feeling like we're growing apart, yet we see each other almost every day. I've talked to her about it, and she keeps saying that one day we'll have more time for each other - just not now. The thing is, there are plenty of opportunities for us to spend time together - she just seems to always want to hang out with 'the group.' When we're with them, she almost seems like she forgets I exist.
I guess what frustrates me is that I am head over heels for her - not a minute goes by when I don't think about her - yet she doesn't really seem to notice me much. It's kinda like she'll only talk to me if I'm the last option.

I really think I'm over analyzing things, but I just don't think its healthy to be in a relationship where she's everything to me, and I'm not much to her.

Wow, well the topic of this post completely changed, but I had a lot on my mind and I guess I needed to get it all out.

Anyway, thats my complaining done smile

Thanks for reading.
Posted By: PDM Re: Growing apart - 10/09/07 03:40 PM
Hi Adam ~ welcome!

A number of things could be going on here.

Some possibilities:

~Although she is going out with you she may still see you as just a friend and prefer a more casual relationship, so is wary of getting too serious.

~She may feel as serious as you do, but not want to make this public, so prefers to keep your romantic life private and friend time with friends.

~She may just like the idea of having a boyfriend, especially if he is 'head over heels for her'.

~She may think that you are both too young for a serious relationship.

I started going out with my husband in, what was effectively, our last year of school ~ while we were there we spent some time together but spent a lot more time with our friends.
© RomanceClass Forum