Next Thread
Print Thread
#218975 10/08/07 09:32 AM
A
Adam_ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi smile

I'm in my final year of school, and just started a relationship (it's been about 3 months). We were good friends prior to dating. Recently, I've really been feeling like we're growing apart, yet we see each other almost every day. I've talked to her about it, and she keeps saying that one day we'll have more time for each other - just not now. The thing is, there are plenty of opportunities for us to spend time together - she just seems to always want to hang out with 'the group.' When we're with them, she almost seems like she forgets I exist.
I guess what frustrates me is that I am head over heels for her - not a minute goes by when I don't think about her - yet she doesn't really seem to notice me much. It's kinda like she'll only talk to me if I'm the last option.

I really think I'm over analyzing things, but I just don't think its healthy to be in a relationship where she's everything to me, and I'm not much to her.

Wow, well the topic of this post completely changed, but I had a lot on my mind and I guess I needed to get it all out.

Anyway, thats my complaining done smile

Thanks for reading.

Adam_ #219183 10/09/07 03:40 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Adam ~ welcome!

A number of things could be going on here.

Some possibilities:

~Although she is going out with you she may still see you as just a friend and prefer a more casual relationship, so is wary of getting too serious.

~She may feel as serious as you do, but not want to make this public, so prefers to keep your romantic life private and friend time with friends.

~She may just like the idea of having a boyfriend, especially if he is 'head over heels for her'.

~She may think that you are both too young for a serious relationship.

I started going out with my husband in, what was effectively, our last year of school ~ while we were there we spent some time together but spent a lot more time with our friends.

Last edited by PDM; 10/09/07 03:42 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site