Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#426267 03/06/17 05:15 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Happy Monday - it's a new week of possibilities! I am grateful I work from home and can set my own to-do list. What are you grateful for today? Every day is a new opportunity to make progress toward your dreams!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful for the ease in which we can talk with people from all countries, backgrounds, and cultures. It is illuminating to explore a topic from so many diverse points of view. The discussion opens minds. What are you grateful for today?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful I was born in a time when women were allowed to attend college, serve on a jury, and be heard. It wasn't that long that women were barred from doing these things because their "brains couldn't handle the challenge."

What are you grateful for?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I am Grateful for having ample food. I love tea and can choose from various flavors each day. Right now I'm drinking licorice, which Bob bought for me by the case smile. Many people struggle for basics. #namaste

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful that I can generally sleep as long as I need to. I woke up so refreshed and full of energy. Many don't have that luxury. I'm so grateful in general that I took the plunge all those years ago to work for myself. What are you grateful for?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm #grateful I have power. I expected to wake up to a dark quiet house! As much as I love candles, best to leave them for #meditating. What are you grateful for today?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful for the Internet in all its variations of Twitter, Facebook, etc. The '50s #FreedomRiders - ordinary citizens simply trying to ride a bus down South - were savagely beaten and few knew until they read the paper the next day. One would hope, in modern times, that the outrage would rise immediately and that help would be sent in. (the journalist who took this photo was also then beaten)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Riders

What are you grateful for?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful for having health care. No matter how well I eat & exercise there's always accidents & genetics. Things wholly out of my control. What are you grateful for today?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful I can breathe easily & have clean air. Sometimes we take the simple things for granted. We don't have to look far to see where millions of people struggle to breathe either for medical or environmental reasons. What are you grateful for today?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful I'm an author in our modern internet-connected world. I'm writing a Copper Age series and voila there's amazing news with all sorts of details about this 45-yr-old Copper Age hunter! What are you grateful for today?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/26/world...chaeology.html

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm Grateful that so many people are aware of Climate Change. Despite what one president may try to do, we can be heard & effective. Speak out to your reps. Also, just from a "mercenary" point of view - "Clean Power Plan Repeal Would Cost America $600 Billion, Cause 120,000 Premature Deaths" - so even if one was solely in this for the cash, this repeal is a poor choice for Americans (but a nice one for coal company owners)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/energyinnov...s/#625859e13b78

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm Grateful we have amazing scientific advances - this paralyzed man can now thought-control his own arm. They first watch brain patterns when he tries to move it, then connect those signals to devices which fire his own muscles (his own spine is damaged). Neat! What are you grateful for?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/28/health/paralyzed-man-uses-arm-with-aid-of-neuroprosthetic/

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful Bob & I both are eclectic artists. It is a lot of fun working with him. Here's two of our photos that I just picked up from the "Abandoned" show just ending at the Morini Gallery in Mansfield. Left is his film photo of the ruins of Ross Abbey in Ireland. Right is my photo "Muffled". What are you grateful for today?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm grateful I've always been an equal earner & partner in my relationships. Apparently younger men disagree - studies find the current generation of men prefers in higher numbers for women to stay home and have less say. Very bizarre that we're moving backwards.

Why do you think that's the case? And what are you grateful for?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/opinion/sunday/do-millennial-men-want-stay-at-home-wives.html

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm Grateful I have ample healthy food. So many struggle with hunger / inadequate nutrition. 20% of US kids do. A free click here donates to the cause. Please click! What are you grateful for today?

http://thehungersite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/ths/home

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Today I'm Grateful I'm normally healthy. My sunburn reminds me how challenging life could be with even a minor impairment that involves movement pain. I've been shying away from yoga until this heals a bit more, so I don't exacerbate it. What are you grateful for today? #namaste

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I'm grateful my lawn is full of beautiful wildflowers, I just finished another book, and my Dad's birthday is today! It's been a long, busy night, but I made it through. Time to get some sleep. Have a great day, everyone! What are you grateful for this fine Monday?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
A regular gratitude practice can make a profound difference in your life within weeks. What are you grateful for today? I am grateful I have space inside to do yoga, because the back porch is rainy! smile #namaste

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site