OP Offline
Companion
I'm just playing my cards safe smile

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Good idea smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Ok, so like, I didn't go to school today because I'm sick in bed (yuck, I hate staying at home!). I called my best friend for an update on what happened at school. In between that she said my 'ex' looked very down because I wasn't there.

I never knew an absence could affect him that badly...

So I'm going back tomorrow because I can't afford to miss out. I'm nowhere near recovered, but I need to get back on my feet. I'll take my meds with me and such. But there's one thing bugging me...

My 'ex', or from now on let's call him 'Blaze'. I think it's about time I called him by name. So Blaze sent me a text message saying that we need to talk tomorrow and that I have to give my father a letter written by him. Now I hope this letter doesn't work on my dad even more, becuase then I sit with the mess.

What am I to do? I can't just tell Blaze I won't give it, but do you think it would be wise for me to read it first?

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello!

Sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell.

I hope that you will be better soon. smile

Now, about this letter. Maybe it's a good idea for your friend to write to your Dad ~ or maybe not.
I suppose it rather depends on how your Dad might react.

Since you are more likely to know than he is, then, yes, I rather think that it would be as well if you read it first.

But then again, I may be wrong smile smile

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Ok, I took the letter to my social woker and she says it can't so any harm. So wish me luck...

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That was a good idea ~ and good luck!

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Ok, so I gave the letter and it had no effect. I was expecting that, but Blaze didn't take it too well.

So all was ok until Blaze decided that he couldn't take it anymore. I had written a letter to his mom to clarify some things from my side, but he didn't come last Friday for me to give it to him to give to his mom.

Yesterday I had a birthday party (today's my b-day) at the beach and left my cellphone at my aunt's flat. When I got back, there were 15 missed calls and one message on my phone. I messaged Blaze back as to say that we were at the beach and I couldn't talk right then. He got so upset with me.

Then I re-registered myself on Facebook now the other day. I have friends from overseas that I've never met but have seen pics of, chatted to and seen on webcam. My one friend, Scott, and I have known each other going on 4yrs now. Blaze really hates that I talk to people I haven't met. I know there's a danger, but if Scott was a sexual predator he would have asked for sex a long time ago. Scott is like a big brother to me and he cares for me. He was even the first to wish me for my b-day. So what's the big deal? And why the hell is he getting so upset? He can't control my life.

And today... on the day I turn 16... did the worst thing happen...

I got to school and scheduled an appointment with the social worker for 5th period. When the time came, she had a crisis and I waited 40min for her, leaving me with 10min to talk to her. I didn't mind of course. Other people need her more than I do. But when I went in, she said Blaze's mom dropped off a bag for me. It was a brown paper bag taped closed. In it... was everything that I had ever given him as a gift. All the poems and photos I gave him were ripped up... He returned the 18k silver cartouche I brought for him from Egypt... And all the gifts put together, I'm sure, is worth more than 500 South African rands... that's a lot of cash for a teenager.

I can't believe he did this to me! On my birthday! He only wished me late tonight. It's so... I don't know. I don't know how I feel about him anymore. I don't know how to deal with this. Even my social worker was shocked, and it take a lot to shock her. Now how do you think I feel...

Help me... please...

On a positive note, I think I may be taking an interest in someone else. His name is Jamie. He'll be 16 in the next three months. We liked each other since last year. During November on camp, we slept in the same bed one night. He kissed me. He comforted me when I felt depressed.

And... I really like him, A LOT. We've thought about getting together, but it's too soon. I might invite him to go to my Valentine's Day dance with me. But I don't have the nerve.

You know, he was the first to send me a SMS for my b-day. Isn't he sweet. Everytime I look at him, my heart races and I can't stop thinking about him.

Perhaps he and I... I don't know... some day...

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello smile

I suggest that you don't rush into things. Your Dad may react again with this lad.

Beginning a new relationship now, while you are still so involved with feelings for the other boy, and with your Dad angry, and your (ex) boyfriend so obviously very upset, is probably not a good idea.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
PS.

And happy birthday ~ belatedly! smile smile smile

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
I won't rush into things. All I want to do is get to know him better on a friendship level at first.

Thanks for the birthday wish.

"My name is my law"
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site