Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Nicky Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Update.

I got a txt from my ex today.

It read something like this.

"Hey ya. I don't know if you realised but i got a txt from you the other day that i think was meant for your friend Sarina. Don't worry i didn't read it. I hope you are ok. How are you?"

It is quite possible i sent a txt to the wrong person as there names are next to each other in my phone book i do remember sending a txt to my friend Sarina so it is possible, but then again she could have used that as excuse to contact me?

I txt her back.

"Hey ya. I'm sorry if i done that not sure how that could have happened. I am ok, been quite busy. How are you? What you been up2?"

I thought no need to be nasty we parted on good terms. She txts back.

"Nothing exciting my end. I am having a lot of family problems right now and i have moved back to my mums. It's good that you are doing ok though"

At this point the protective b/f part of me come rushing to the surface. I txt back.

"I am sorry to hear that. I'm kinda in the same boat with family stuff right now so on that front im not to great either. If you need to talk i will be here for you."

Maybe i shouldnt have said that but i would do that for anyone i care about.

She then sent me back two blank txts. I sent one back telling her if she needs to talk about anything i will call her but i aint got no reply. I think she run out of free txts so she cant reply. I say that because of the blank txts normally means she needs to top her phone up.

What do i make of this? I know i still have feelings for her but this is the first whole day where i havent felt [censored] about it. I could read between the lines in the txts that she wanted to talk because i just know her that well but i am not to sure what to do. I am torn between wanting to be there for her and just moving on and getting on with it. It has come at a time where i started to feel better about the whole thing.

I have found myself wanting to call her now but is that a good idea?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Why not write to her?

You could tell her how you have been feeling, ask her if she has had any doubts about the break-up, too, and whether there is even the slightest possibility of trying again.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
N
Nicky Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I have thought about that but we did agree not to contact each other for a few weeks. I don't want to be one of these guys that does not have any backbone and call her when i said i wouldn't because we both needed time.

It has now been 2 weeks since we split officially. I'm thinking that if she felt any differently she would have phoned me and wanted to give it another go.

I'm still not sure myself. At times i know it is what i want and i really miss her then other times i am thinking it cant work between me and her because we are at different stages of our lives. I am 24 and she will only turn 20 this november. I know age don't matter but i dont want to get with someone who might start having doubt again because she doesn't know how to deal with her feelings and we have to go through all this again.

Maybe i am thinking too much about this? All i know is that within one week she went from having strong feelings for me then she freaked out and didn't know what to think.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
You have to do what you think is right.

Yes, 20 is still very young
So is 24, but I do think that it is different.

N
Nicky Offline OP
OP Offline
N
lol I was afraid you would say that.

I think this comes to how well i can maintain my composure and keep a level head. I will have to try not let my emotions to control me. Never an easy task.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
As I have just posted on another thread, when a relationship ends, people grieve. It's natural and normal and part of the healing process.

Maybe you will get back together, or maybe not. Only time will tell ~ and time heals.

Emotions are there because we are human. Don't block sadness ~ let it out or you will feel worse.

I once read that there is a chemical in tears, which helps people to feel better if they cry.
If they suppress the tears, then that chemical can cause depression.

I'll try to find a reference to it.

Good luck! smile

Last edited by PDM; 09/11/08 05:14 PM.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Here's something from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Tears brought about by emotions have a different chemical make up than those for lubrication

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears

Last edited by PDM; 09/11/08 05:16 PM.

N
Nicky Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Interesting.

I haven't cried yet! lol

I did feel like crying last week but i think that was a combo of family, personal and work related issues. It never rains it pours but right now all of my emotions seem to be focussed on the split. However i don't know how i feel about it from one day to the next so it is hard to deal with it when i am not exactly sure what i am meant to be dealing with!

Maybe if i forced myself to cry about everything, work, family and the split it would give me more clarity but i don't know. Only time will tell.

I know i miss her at time but at other times i don't miss her, I am just constantly stuck in the middle of my own emotions.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
It sounds like you are a bit stressed out.

N
Nicky Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Yeah i would have to agree. I have been hit by a lot of xxxx all at once.

Times like these test and build character and everything that is going on right now is certainly testing my will to overcome things right now

Last edited by PDM; 09/12/08 10:31 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site