That seems like a right decision.
After being a really unstable person myself, I have found some settlement with myself, not that my life is worked out, but at least I know better than to hate life or give up trying on things I like. I am a depressive person, however I have found my balance smile

That said, I wanted to give some advice. Being of strong personality, I was seeing a therapist, much against my will, and after some months of sessions he suggested me going on anti-depressives I completely refused, I wanted to get better on my own will. I have started coming up that road and I am much better. The therapy only helped me to find out that I know myself enough, and I am insightful enough to not need therapy. I always try to be objective about everything, and myself isn't an exception.
So if you are already on 2 pills, and have so much possible chaos ahead of you, I have some advice for you. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, not being selfish, I respect completely your decision to not quit on Girl1, however, she doesn't need blind trust only. She needs to be confident of herself, needs guidance and needs to set goals. It would be of much help if you talked CALMLY about your future, you should try and have a meaningful talk with her. Show that you trust her, show that you care. Don't force her into talking, but do insist on it as something you want. Get to share your common likings, think of how it will be when you are old, or if you'll die young how will that crazy lifestyle may lead to dying young :P (I think I might die young myself, you never know haha). Get her to enjoy the subtleties and details of daily life, get her to rejoice at the world and life around both of you. The chirping of the birds, the beautiful fall of rain, the feeling of wetness of the morning mist, etc. You get them to enjoy it too.
Are any of you involved in any art projects. You can start some activity of the sort, get to draw, paint. Or more easily for some people, get to write. Write down your feelings, your expressions. Invent stories of love or crime, make quaint descriptions of your lifes, Enjoy yourselves! Also, hear to music together, what kind of music do you like (the 2 of you girl1 and you)? The point of a relationship is to enjoy life together, to learn the beautiful art of SHARING.
Since being myself a depressive fellow, I have also done some things girl1 did, I never did any STRONG drugs though, however I know the sensitivity one develops through such acts. You both sounds sensible so that's why I suggested all of those things that to some people are just common day stuff.
My point being, if you want the girl you loved first, have her relax and enjoy life with you, slowly she will come back.
Good luck! I hope my advice makes any sense!

~*¡Pericos!*~