I met this guy online last winter. I was a sophomore in highschool and he was a freshemen. We talked for months until last september we finally met by chance at one of our mutual friends church functions.

We started going places together, we met up at the school dance and he came out dinner with my friends and I afterward. We kept growing closer and would basically talk to eachother about everything.

It started getting weird when my friends started telling me how much he talked to them. I guess he would go to them when I didn't respond quickly enough to my texts, or asking them what was wrong with me even when i told him there was nothing wrong.

He would always say the sweetest things. Like he would die for me and protect me through everything. But it wasn't weird at all. it was reallyyy sweet.

he finally asked me out, and I had to say no. I'd never had a bf before, and I wasn't ready. He understood. He's really sweet like that.

So we kept talking and grew closer and closer and he kept talking to my friends about me all the time and went to ireland and brought back this really gorgeous celtic cross necklace that his mother helped him pick out (so cute, lol). I finally got up the courage to say yes when he asked me out again.

He was really really happy and said that God answered his prayers on January 18th (the day I said yes). I was happy that i made him so happy

But he kept texting me.. a LOT. if I didn't respond within half an hour he would text me again, and keep texting me. if I didn't talk to him for even one day he started freaking out to all of my friends and thinking that there was something seriously wrong with me.

I got sick for two days and I argued with him for 3 hours, telling him not to come over to my house. he did anyways.
then I had a gymnastics meet and I really didn't want him there because I get really nervous and i very clearly told him "I don't want you there". But he kept asking me where it was and what time and everything because "He won't go, he just wants to know where it is".
He got really angry when I wouldn't tell him.

I finally got really fed up. I got to a point where everything he did would bother me, and I couldn't take it anymore. I broke up with him last saturday night.

By sunday night, he was calling me and telling me that he really loves me and he always will and he doesn't understand why we broke up. He's telling my friends that its a "temporary break" and that we will be back together soon. He texts me just as much as before.

the most extreme thing is that he has always told me how he plans to go into the marines. Lately, and still after the breakup, he telling my friends that he is not going into the marines, he is going to move to Hawaii to be with me, because I plan on going to Hawaii'n Pacific University, and he can't stand to not be with me.

He still tells me that all he wants to do is hold me. When I hung out with him even before we were dating he always had his arms around me and stuff even though I told him that i get claustrophobic (sp). He would then get upset when I pulled away and couldn't/wouldn't understand why.

A lot of my friends have asked me if this is his first relationship. It isn't. He's been in a lot of other relationships (even though he tells me he's never felt this way before). But it is my first relationship, and this is really making me not want to try it again.

I don't know what to do. I really don't want to hurt him. He's so sweet. But I really can't take it anymore. I'm an extremely independent person. It's the way I always have been and it irritates people sometimes because I'm so independent. and now I'm being driven to the brink of insanity by him. Please help, i just don't know what to do.