I figured that the best place to put this would be here. I'm having some serious baby fever right about now. It started a few months ago, but after a serious talk with my boyfriend in September, we decided we could try to have a baby September 2009 if we are lined up to buy a house (our lease is up in December). I think it is because Juliana is getting so big now, she is looking less and less like a baby and more like a child, and I miss that. Also, I had a horrible time with my ex-husband when I was pregnant with J and I was not able to enjoy the experience at all. My ex didnt want kids, and his way of dealing with the pregnancy was to ignore it.

My boyfriend Carlos is a great guy, we have been together for over 1 year and I feel so much more comfortable with him than my ex. We had some problems in December when he was laid off his job because we both started to get depressed, but after some talking we were able to work everything out and I really feel like that made us much stronger as a couple. Since then, we have been doing great and I have never been happier. Im not concerned about not being married to him, because we live together and are basically married, we just dont have the piece of paper that says so. I definately think that we will get married eventually, but we cant do that right now. He is a great dad to J and wants to have a large family.

Back in Sept, like I said, he and I discussed having a baby and we decided to wait until Sept 09, but lately if I mention it to him, half the time he will tell me to get my birth control (I have the Mirena)removed and we will try to have a baby now. Sometimes he even brings it up himself. Other times, he just says no, no, no, we're not ready, etc etc, wait until Sept. So now Im starting to think that he's catching the baby fever too.

I just want to make sure we can do this financially, and really Sept would (in theory) be the best time to do this. I will have been at my job for 1 year in Sept (so I get a raise) and we will most likely have saved up money for a down payment and will be looking at houses. I really really want us to move before I have another baby so that we can have enough space, etc. I also want to be able to decorate J's andnew baby's rooms.

Please give me some advise to curb this baby fever. Or your opinions. I'm driving myself nutso here.

~ Maggie
Mama to Juliana Elise (03/07), Wesley Dominick (06/10) and four feathered 'tielbabies!