Kid, I've been in that situation a few times... high school was similar in a few aspects.

Now... I understand deeply what it is that you're thinking. Trust me... but really, now her saying she liked you could mean a few things.

1 - She does like you more than a friend.

2 - She likes you as a friend.

3- She is unsure if she likes you.

Personally I think she's embarrassed. Maybe it just came out and she was unprepared. Also, maybe she was caught off guard when she said she liked you first. By you saying you liked her too, it could have mixed a few signals.

Now, I do agree with what everyone else has said. However, a girl can carry things like this for a while without any word to you, while you're left wondering. Personally, I would say try to talk to her still. Do your best, she may ignore you, but you also have to know when to just back off if it persists. You can't make her talk, and right now you can't really trust everything she'll tell you 100%. Why? Because her feelings are clouding her judgment. She may like you, but tell you otherwise, or she may not like you and lead you somewhere you don't want to be.

Candy & Crushes is correct. It is a game. However, because it is a game, that doesn't mean you can't play too. I'm not saying disappear from her, no. If you're feeling really bold (which I really don't suggest yet) you can say something like "Well, my invitation is still up when you're ready." Then just walk off. Tease her a bit, make her feel the urge to chase you. Of course be nice, but be a little on the sly side. Think of the detective from CSI Miami. That cool kind of nonchalant, look in the eyes, kind of attitude.

Its always an option, that however is up to you. Again, I understand you're 14, so these things may not work (just yet.) Pretty much, in the end, my advice is you may not get an answer, and she may want to talk until she's ready, whenever that may be. I suggest, that you do not dwell on this too much. Don't make it the priority of your school day. If you see her, smile at her, but think twice before you decide to approach her again.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---